I have died and gone to red velvet heaven. In case you doubt me, put down the laptop or smart phone, run to your nearest store and gather the ingredients for this recipe. Once you make it, cut yourself a slice and then join me again on this delicious journey we are about to go on. Continue reading
Ever wanted to learn to make the perfect Blackberry Crumble Pie? Rose Lawrence, of Organic Kitchen and eGrocer Red Bread in Los Angeles has you covered! Watch the exclusive tutorial below where Lawrence and Actress Lauren Bowles provide step-by-step instructions for how to create this amazing dessert using minimal ingredients and fresh fruit. From how to roll the perfect pie crust to how to create a crunchy streusel topping, the recipe tutorial will let you in on all of Lawrence’s secrets for creating a delicious pie and will leave you drooling for a slice! Find out how to make the pie below, then watch our exclusive interview with Rose Lawrence! Continue reading
During the holiday season I find myself constantly needing new dessert recipes to try out. Every time you turn around there is another event that needs baked yummies. Typically anything with a homemade crust goes over well.
When I came across Handle the Heat’s Caramel Apple Streusel Pie, I went straight to the store. Apples and a beautiful crust meant I couldn’t go wrong. This turned out to be the perfect dish to serve at my early Christmas party I just had. It was a casual potluck so no one minded that the streusel didn’t hold a perfect shape when dished out. A nice round scoop of ice cream topped it off well. Continue reading
I have always loved the idea of Thanksgiving – something I have yet to have a chance to celebrate. Is there a more perfect tradition than making time to remember what you are thankful for, what makes your life that bit more special?
In an act of transatlantic comradery here is a little list of all the things I am thankful for in 2012:
- my ridiculously silly boyfriend, but more specifically the ways he makes me laugh everyday
- living only an hour away from one of the greatest cities in the world
- visiting Meatliquor for the best burgers 3 times this year
- the fantastic neuro wards at Kings College Hospital and Canterbury – we couldn’t have asked for more
- the NHS – I can’t imagine how much harder this summer would have been if the cost of treatment had been a factor
- the amazing friends I have made through blogging both on my site and here at the Daily Quirk
- tickets to see Team GB at both the Olympics and Paralympics this summer
One of my favourite parts of big celebration meals is the the plethora of ways you can use the leftovers. Meat pies are a brilliant way to make a meal out of scraps of roast meat, and the filling can be bulked out with leftover vegetables. Continue reading