Tattoos, ink, body art; call it whatever you want, it’s hot and it’s addicting. I get that tattoos aren’t for everyone, and that’s fine. To each his own. But to me, it’s such a cool way to express yourself. I knew I would get a tattoo as soon as I could. So, of course, right after I turned 18, I got my very first tattoo. But what I didn’t know was how absolutely addicting they were! Here are my five reasons why I think tattoos are such an addiction:
1. Sense of accomplishment: They don’t hurt that bad, they really don’t. I know everyone has different levels of tolerance for pain but in all honesty, I would compare it to sunburn or rug burn maybe. The pain even feels good at times. So you get yourself all worked up and then once it’s done, you’re kinda like “Wow, that wasn’t bad! I did it!”.
2. Adrenaline rush: No matter how many tattoos I have, the rush of adrenaline I get from sitting in that chair as I am about to get a fresh tat and all the way thru until it’s finished is enough to keep me going back for more. It’s such a high.
3. Self expression: Carefully selecting something to express my individuality or something that is special to me and then making the commitment to have it on me forever for the world to see makes you feel good.
4. Rebelling: Maybe not the right word. Maybe I just like to shock and awe. Tattoos are more widely accepted nowadays, but there is still some resistance to them. It makes me feel like I have a bit of an edge and you’ll only see it if you look in the right places.
5. Stress relief: The feeling of those needles puts me at ease and really release any stress and tension I might have. Which is due to the endorphins released as you are being tattooed.
So, here I am, eight years later, with eight tattoos and I plan on getting many more and I love it.