I must say I love living somewhere where you get the full effects of the seasons changing. I don’t think I could live somewhere where it was 50-60 degrees out while shopping for a Christmas tree (just my preference) I do get jealous of the California and Florida girls when I am get the ice pick out for my car at 6am! When there is about one month left of the season, I go in to the whole ” I can’t wait for winter to be over or I can’t wait to go swimming, etc.” So, with summer in New Jersey being more humid than usual. I can’t wait for the seasons to change… What’s next? Fall! Let me count the ways why I can’t wait to ditch my flip flops and tank tops.
1. Sweatshirts and sweatpants..need I say more? I am a girl who rather be comfortable instead of dressing to impress. Don’t get me wrong, I love cute outfits and shoes, but if I am not going out to dinner or to a wedding, you will find me in jeans and t-shirt and weather permitting, always have a sweatshirt (zip up or pullover) on hand. I find comfort in snuggling up in my sweats. Especially when the sweatshirt has sleeves long enough to pull up to my finger tips, I am so happy!
2. Colors! I love the change of the leaves and the autumn colors they bring. Reminds me of my childhood, going up to the Catskills in NY every weekend in the fall. Huge trees in beautiful oranges, reds, yellows and greens! These colors give me a warm and calming affect. Not to mention, no matter how old I get, I still purposely step on a leaf to hear it crunch beneath my feet!
3. Pumpkin spice, Apple Cider, Caramel Apple, Hot Chocolate, just to name a few! Fall Coffee drink flavors! Love them!
4. With the above flavors, that means there will be apples and pumpkins waiting to be picked. The fun hay rides that you can take along the farms and attempt to get lost in a maze ( let’s face it, part of us wants to get that feeling that we are lost for a good 10 seconds). Then you get to come home and make apple pie and decorate your pumpkins for Halloween!
5. Football season! Football season in my family equals Sunday get togethers with different delicious recipes weekly. So, I am patiently awaiting the crisp tempatures so I can watch football in my sweats, eat buffalo wings, pizza and beer and finish that off with a pumkin spice latte and slice of apple pie.