The vampy, campy, over the top True Blood is just days away from its Season 6 premiere and I couldn’t be more stoked to watch. Why you ask? Well, here are five good reasons you should be stoked too.
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) is finally a pack master and ready to assert his power in undoubtedly naughty ways. Although Louisiana’s favorite werewolf is usually the good guy, judging by the promos he might dabble in some bad boy actions…its about time. Oh, let me not forget to mention the joy that is Mr. Manganiello shirtless. Grrrrrr…
- Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) are definitely over and Viking Vampire Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) is surely going to reap the benefits of that dissolved relationship – most likely in a fashion that requires his birthday suit – yes, please! I just hope he’s a surly a-hole like the first three seasons because nice Eric is boring and his chemistry with Sookie is no good unless they have the love/hate thing going on.
- All out war between humans and vampires mandated by the Louisiana governor – this should be interesting!!!! I am guessing Jason (Ryan Kwanten) will go a little Rambo like he did with the extremists in the past, which I love and can’t wait to watch. Not to mention more of his usual exploits that require him to be shirtless.
- Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) in all his fabulous glory doing some witchy stuff. Lafayette is my favorite character as far as humor, I love his attitude and bitchy comebacks. I hope he’s back to his old fab self this season using his gifts in hilarious ways. Lafayette + Tara (Rutina Wesley) = family drama w/ flare!
- Did I mention that Eric, Alcide, and Jason will most likely be shirtless?
Be sure to watch the season 6 premiere of True Blood on HBO June 16th and check back here for a recap and commentary!