Ichabod Crane, played by the ever-adorable Tom Mison, has won the hearts of millions in FOX’s newest hit drama Sleepy Hollow, so it’s no surprise that the cast and producers were met with racious cheers Sunday during their panel at New York Comic Con.
Mison was joined on stage by co-stars Nicole Beharie, Orlando Jones and Katia Winter, as well as executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kaden and Len Wiseman, who all fielded questions from fans about the show, production and what’s to come for New York’s most supernaturally-charged town. Here’s a breakdown of the panel highlights:
- Fun fact! Ichabod was never supposed to be British. Producers originally planned on casting an American to play the role of our fine hero, but when Mison auditioned, there was no going back. (Even the producers couldn’t deny his appeal!) But the casting of a British actor didn’t hinder the production. In fact, it opened up many new doors, including why a British man would fight alongside the Americans in the Revolutionary War.
- Mison tries not to ham up the “man out of time act” in Sleepy Hollow, but he also knows how important Ichabod’s discomfort in the modern world is. “The moment Ichabod becomes 100 percent comfortable in the present world, we’ve lost something,” he said, according to the show’s Twitter account.
- Why the mythology is incredibly important and needs to be taken seriously, the cast and crew are well aware that Sleepy Hollow still needs to be funny and light at times to strike a good balance.
- Kurtzman doesn’t believe in the idea of surprising the cast with scripts every week, but rather would like the cast to know what kind of direction their characters are heading in. But what does he believe in? That Sleepy Hollow is one molecule away from insane, every second.”
- Want to see more of Katrina Crane’s story and the witches storyline? Your wish shall be granted! In upcoming episodes, both modern Wiccan and the old the old mythology of witches will be explored fully as we learn more about Katrina.
- And speaking of Ichabod’s lovely (and trapped) wife, Winter teased not to count Katrina out of the chemistry circle yet. Despite, the obvious spark between Ichabod and Abbie (Beharie), upcoming episodes will showcase some of what lies between the time-traveler and his fiery, red-headed wife.
Sleepy Hollow airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on FOX.