In case you have not yet seen the Pretty Little Liars summer finale that aired last night on ABC Family, and don’t want spoilers then please, turn away now.
Close the browser.
Don’t let your curiosity get the best of you.
Don’t do it, you’ll regret it.
Okay, if you’re still here let’s just cut to the chase: last night’s episode was CRAZY. The biggest part of the episode was finding out that Charles was actually a Charlotte, and we knew her better as CeCe Drake. This was five years in the making, and honestly it did not disappoint.
Even before that shock settled in, we were given an entire six seasons worth of answers. All those cliff hangers, all those answers that led to more questions, it was all answered. There was so much information, so I’m going to let you know on the three biggest answers we were given in last nights episode:
- Toby’s mom did not commit suicide; she was pushed by Bethany Young. Mrs. Cavanaugh came out to the roof to spend time with Bethany and Charles who was wearing a dress and a scarf, and when Charles said he didn’t want her to see him that way, Bethany said she’d take care of it. After the deed was done Bethany blamed the murder on Charles.
- Sara Harvey had been working with CeCe from the beginning. She was in the first episode, wearing the black veil. She was the Black Swan. She is Red Coat.
- Mona killed Bethany Young. She was so fueled by rage of being bullied by Alison, that she just did it. Mrs. DiLaurentis had been buying CeCe and Alison all the same clothes, and Bethany would steal CeCe’s clothes while she was in Radley. One night, Bethany snuck out wearing Alison’s clothes and when Mona saw someone with long blonde hair and wearing an Alison outfit, she took the moment and did it.
But of course, like with every PLL episode, there are always more questions than answers. So let’s just start right away with those.
- What happened to Mr. DiLaurentis and Jason? And what about all the girl’s moms? When did they get discovered?
- If Sara was working with CeCe the entire time, was she ever really trapped in CeCe’s playhouse like a doll? Or did she just begin to develop Stockholm Syndrome?
- And speaking of Sara, what happened to her that made her stay in the hospital? The Liar’s said she deserved it, and that she knew what happened. It sounded ominous, so is she next season’s new villain?
- When we hit the time jump, the liars burst into a classroom to find Alison writing Mrs. Rollins on chalkboard. Who did Alison marry? What made her decide to be a teacher? And are we still in Rosewood?
- Also, they mentioned that “he” was coming for her. Who is “he” and why does he want to hurt Alison?
- Did Mona decide to confess to her crimes?
- And did Spencer decide to tell Toby the truth about his mom?
- What happened to CeCe? It would be safe to assume she is in jail, but there’s no way she’s going to stay there, right?
Season 7 premieres in the winter of this year, and it takes place five years after they leave for college. It seems strange to me that even after I know who A is how excited I am to see what the Liars are going to be up to now that they are college grads and living their own lives.
And to be honest, this episode was so much more than what I could have asked for. I’ve seen a lot of people who are so upset about how the reveal happened and who it ended up being, but let’s be honest: you can’t have it both ways.
What questions did you have after last night’s episode? Did we ask all the important ones? And what was the most shocking reveal when CeCe told it all? Let us know in the comments below!