It seems like there’s a day for just about anything nowadays, but this is one I can get behind. National Cheese Day is June 4, and I’m pretty excited to finally find one that speaks to me on a spiritual level. With so many delicious recipes that include cheese, you might be wondering where to start on your tasty journey, but look no further. FoodieCrush has you covered with their Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich, the only dish you’ll need this National Cheese Day. Check out the full recipe below!
FoodieCrush’s Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 jalapeños
- 4 slices bread
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Arla® Original Cream Cheese
- 6 slices Arla® Muenster Cheese
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees F. Place the peppers on a baking sheet covered with foil and bake until the skins are completely wrinkled and charred, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in a plastic baggie and seal. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the bag and rub the loosened skin off of the jalapeños. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds. Slice into ribbons and set aside.
- Spread the slices of bread with 1 tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread, then stack the buttered sides together.
- For each sandwich, place one piece of muenster cheese on the stacked bread then spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese spread on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with half of the roasted jalapeño then top with 2 more slices of muenster cheese.
- Place bread buttered side down in a fry pan over medium heat and top with the other side of bread, buttered side up. Cover with a lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and flip the sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasty golden and cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first so watch carefully. Cut in half and enjoy hot.
(Makes 2 Servings)